Once the preparation is done, this meal takes about 10 minutes to cook. If cooking for more people, just multiply the quantities by the number of people. You can also add dried apricots, chick peas, courgettes etc. if desired. Fresh coriander leaves can be used to garnish.
2tbsp Sainsbury's Stir Fry Oil
2 tsp Sainsbury's Moroccan Style Tagine paste
1 chicken breast fillet, sliced
1/2 red pepper, deseeded and cut into small slices
1/2 red chilli. deseeded and finely sliced
4 spring onions, sliced
1 tsp cornflour mixed with 2 tsp water
handful flaked almonds
1 pack Sainsbury's Coriander & Lemon Savoury Couscous
1. Heat the oil in a wok until slightly smoking. Add the tagine paste and stir-fry for one minute until fragrant.
2. Add the chicken and stir-fry until the meat has turned white, ensuring it is well coated in the paste.
3. Add the pepper, chilli and spring onion and mix well.
4. Add the water, mix well and bring to the boil. Add the cornflour mixture and blend into the sauce. Turn the heat down and simmer until the sauce has reduced and thickened.
5. Meanwhile cook the couscous according to the packet instructions.
6. While the couscous is soaking, add the sultanas and almonds to the chicken mixture and stir.
7. When the couscous is ready, serve in a wide bowl (a pasta-type bowl is best) with the chicken mixture on top, accompanied with hot pitta bread.